Do you have a maintenance contract for your solar panels?
Why do I need solar panel maintenance?
Solar panels are wonderfully reliable – so reliable in fact, that it makes sense to have a solar panel maintenance contract. Why? Because in the business of your day to day affairs, you may just forget that they are there as they work away at generating free electricity. Although solar panels don’t need a lot of maintenance they do need some – to make sure that they are generating at their maximum efficiency.
Your PV system may get by without inspection or maintenance, but your investment will be more likely to live up to expectations if it is regularly inspected. Pearce Platford can offer a full suite of inspection and testing services, ranging from a visual inspection by our trained installers to electrical tests of the circuits. Such maintenance will identify lingering underperformance issues as well as significant equipment failures. If required, Pearce Platford’s technicians can then recommend and implement a solution.
What is involved in a solar panel maintenance contract?
Every system and client has different requirements, but here is an example of the service levels provided:
- Annual cleaning to keep effiencies maximised, especially where bird soiling or atmospheric pollution has degraded the surface of the panel.
- Visual inspection of all panels
- Photovoltaic module string tests
- Inverter system checks
- Junction box, isolator, distribution board and cabling inspection
- Meter check
- Labelling/schematic check
- Energy production analysis
- Voltage and current check
- Production of maintenance report
- Roof condition alert
- Replacement and repair of faulty items